One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(chiefly of a drug) affecting the mind.
- ‘Weaver expresses concern that concomitant depression and use of psychoactive drugs might have influenced the results, given the large percentage of suicide attempts in our cohort of patients.’
- ‘In this study, opioids, other psychoactive medications and dehydration were the most frequent causes of reversible delirium.’
- ‘Many smokers, however, find it impossible to quit, even with help, because of their dependence on nicotine, which is a highly addictive psychoactive drug.’
- ‘Most ambulatory patients with alcohol dependence can be detoxified quickly and safely without the use of psychoactive drugs.’
- ‘Illicit psychoactive drugs agitate minds and arouse passions even among non-users.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.