One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(chiefly of a drug) affecting the mind.
- ‘Most ambulatory patients with alcohol dependence can be detoxified quickly and safely without the use of psychoactive drugs.’
- ‘Illicit psychoactive drugs agitate minds and arouse passions even among non-users.’
- ‘Many smokers, however, find it impossible to quit, even with help, because of their dependence on nicotine, which is a highly addictive psychoactive drug.’
- ‘In this study, opioids, other psychoactive medications and dehydration were the most frequent causes of reversible delirium.’
- ‘Weaver expresses concern that concomitant depression and use of psychoactive drugs might have influenced the results, given the large percentage of suicide attempts in our cohort of patients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.