One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Music, culture, or art based on the experiences produced by psychedelic drugs.
- ‘Here he splices together strands of blues and straight down-the-line rock with some folk, psychedelia, trip-hop and world music influences.’
- ‘Modlang's Slaughtered By The Sun is a quality piece of psychedelia based around a beat that's part krautrock and part soul.’
- ‘But the album, as a whole, feels very retro, flitting between the 60s psychedelia of The Beach Boys and The Beatles and the more modern likes of Bowie and George Harrison.’
- ‘Oasis also stakes out very different sonic terrain, nodding to electronic pop, dub reggae, and sixties psychedelia.’
- ‘The wider musical climate was defined by the gaudiness of psychedelia, but the music they put to tape tapped somehow into an America that predated rock by at least a century.’
1960s: back-formation from psychedelic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.