A skin disease marked by red, itchy, scaly patches.
- ‘Fungal rashes can sometimes be confused with other skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema.’
- ‘Topical corticosteroid creams and ointments are applied to the skin to reduce inflammation in conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.’
- ‘You might scratch the skin because it is itchy due to eczema or psoriasis inside the ear.’
- ‘Psoralens sensitise the skin to ultraviolet light and are used in light therapy for vitiligo and psoriasis.’
- ‘Oral methotrexate tablets are commonly used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and severe psoriasis.’
Late 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek psōriasis, from psōrian ‘have an itch’, from psōra ‘itch’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.