Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting the practical use of psychic powers or paranormal phenomena.‘psionic communication’
- ‘About the only things that the two games have in common are a protagonist with psionic powers and the ability to throw random enemies off of very tall buildings.’
- ‘Ravena summoned her psionic powers and a fuchsia aura enveloped her snowy white skin.’
- ‘Psionic Telekinesis is simply the use of psionic power to move or manipulate physical matter.’
- ‘The other option was science fiction with players having psionic powers, but we really felt more comfortable with the heroic fantasy theme.’
- ‘Hovering just outside the suspended gate, most likely defying the very nature of gravity with his psionic power, Timothy did not appear too happy.’
1950s: from psi, on the pattern of electronic.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.