One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The twenty-third letter of the Greek alphabet (Ψ, ψ), transliterated as ‘ps.’.
- ‘The psi / word association was randomly chosen to be either the first or second of these experiments.’
- ‘Quantam has already certified a 10,000 psi tank, which in theory would double that.’
- ‘Variable psi, used within the AHCPR guidelines, can help improve patient comfort.’
- ‘Numbers one hundred to nine hundred: Rho, Sigma, Tau, Upsilon, Phi, Chi, Psi, Omega, Sampi.’
- ‘Available in three sizes and able to pump up to a 160 psi max pressure, the pump will be available in September.’
- ‘However this may be replaced later in a few of the fleet cars by a 10,000 psi tank.’
- 1.1PsiAstronomy followed by Latin genitive The twenty-third star in a constellation.‘Psi Aquarii’
- ‘In 1672, when Mars was in the vicinity of the three Psi stars of Aquarius, the time was ripe for obtaining the first reliable parallax of Mars.’
2Supposed parapsychological or psychic faculties or phenomena.‘he turns to anecdotal evidence to prove that psi exists’
- ‘Is psi only a laboratory curiosity, or is it the universal connecting link among all of us?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.