One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a number, a sequence of numbers, or any digital data) satisfying one or more statistical tests for randomness but produced by a definite mathematical procedure.‘most computers have built-in functions which will generate sequences of pseudorandom numbers’‘pseudorandom noise’
- ‘In the clairvoyance condition, the computer had already selected the target using a pseudorandom number generator and had stored the choice directly onto disk by the time that participants made their guess.’
- ‘Each bird was tested under the various lights in a pseudorandom sequence.’
- ‘The fitness of this ‘zygote’ is evaluated and pseudorandom numbers are used to determine whether to pass one of its ‘gametes’ to the next generation.’
- ‘Such sequences of pseudorandom numbers play crucial roles not only in computer games but also in simulations of physical processes.’
- ‘Cryptanalysts have analyzed many systems by breaking the pseudorandom number generators used to supply cryptographic keys.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.