One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An infectious herpesvirus disease of the central nervous system in domestic animals that causes convulsions and intense itching and is usually fatal.
- ‘Porcine pseudorabies virus has been detected in Swedish diabetes patients treated with porcine cells in 1997.’
- ‘In December 1999, their herd tested positive for pseudorabies.’
- ‘The pigs carry pseudorabies - a virus that can be deadly to other animals - so they could not be brought to the mainland.’
- ‘One livestock disease detected in several Nebraska swineherds is pseudorabies.’
- ‘He says feral pigs can harbor more than 30 diseases - including the pseudorabies virus and brucellosis bacteria - that could negatively impact the livestock industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.