Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for pseudopodium
- ‘In our studies, fibroblast contractile machinery was observed to function entirely within pseudopods, while GFP-alpha-actinin concentrated in pseudopod tips and cortex.’
- ‘Within minutes, membranous organelles fuse with the spermatid plasma membrane, a polar pseudopod extends, and the major sperm protein polymerizes and organizes into a pseudopodial cytoskeleton.’
- ‘The protoplasm is extruded as pseudopods via the aperture and through any perforations that may be present in the test.’
- ‘Actin and other contractile proteins within the pseudopods of platelets produce platelet retraction that prevents further blood loss and facilitates healing.’
- ‘The formation of pseudopods and lamellae after ligation of chemoattractant sensitive G-protein coupled receptors is essential for chemotaxis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.