One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Curiously it was only today that off-blog I was talking about women choosing to blog anonymously or pseudonymously, through reasons of fear.’
- ‘He found a nice little bit by Bruce Metzger saying that Jude probably wrote Jude, since it's unlikely that anyone writing pseudonymously would choose the name Judas.’
- ‘‘You do see some of the barriers of rank and hierarchy break down,’ says the woman who blogs pseudonymously as the Invisible Adjunct.’
- ‘So women academic bloggers want to explore these issues - they realise it is an essential part of scholarship and life in the academe - but often they can only safely do so pseudonymously.’
- ‘Indeed, I am quite surprised that my pseudonym has lasted this long and that I have not been unmasked by a reader less respectful of my decision to blog pseudonymously than Howard has been.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.