One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So women academic bloggers want to explore these issues - they realise it is an essential part of scholarship and life in the academe - but often they can only safely do so pseudonymously.’
- ‘‘You do see some of the barriers of rank and hierarchy break down,’ says the woman who blogs pseudonymously as the Invisible Adjunct.’
- ‘Indeed, I am quite surprised that my pseudonym has lasted this long and that I have not been unmasked by a reader less respectful of my decision to blog pseudonymously than Howard has been.’
- ‘Curiously it was only today that off-blog I was talking about women choosing to blog anonymously or pseudonymously, through reasons of fear.’
- ‘He found a nice little bit by Bruce Metzger saying that Jude probably wrote Jude, since it's unlikely that anyone writing pseudonymously would choose the name Judas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.