One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A section of a chromosome that is an imperfect copy of a functional gene.
- ‘We use the fact that processed pseudogenes and functional genes are subject to different nucleotide-substitution patterns.’
- ‘Finally, it is conceivable that a copy of a multicopy gene family is a pseudogene.’
- ‘Four alleles were putative pseudogenes and no Pto genes could be isolated from seven individuals of different Lycopersicon species.’
- ‘Gene conversion from pseudogenes is also thought to be important in polycystic kidney disease.’
- ‘In this process new genes are created by repeated gene duplications, and some genes may later become pseudogenes or even be deleted from the genome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.