One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a false or spurious classical style.‘a pretentious pseudoclassical building’
- ‘The music of this trio of young, fresh hip-hoppers alternates between hard-hitting, gritty Southern-flavoured rap and delicate, pseudo-classical beats - often in a single breath.’
- ‘Later his work was adopted as one of the models for the pseudo-classical sculpture typical of National Socialist art.’
- ‘Behind this variety was a unity of purpose which strengthened Shakespeare in resisting the pressure from his contemporaries to conform to pseudo-classical ideals.’
- ‘How else do you explain starting the most important album of your career with a 6 minute pseudo-classical drone of a medieval Catholic liturgy, sung in Latin, played with Hungarian instruments?’
- ‘The album opens with a melodramatic pseudo-classical orchestral flourish, suggesting that what you are about to hear has great profundity and import.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.