One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Subject to further confirmation; for the time being.‘the institute has provisionally approved the study’
- ‘The licence was provisionally granted on the condition that fire precautions were met and added washbasins installed.’
- ‘At the time of going to press the game has been provisionally fixed for Sunday evening next in Sarsfields at 6 pm.’
- ‘We have provisionally arranged to go for a drink.’
- ‘And the date of August 30 has been provisionally marked for that event, pending approval.’
- ‘George Drever, of Kirkwall, was provisionally granted an entertainment licence for the proposed ten-pin bowling centre.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.