One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something that protrudes; a protuberance.‘a protrusion of rock jutted from the mountainside’
bump, lump, knob, hump, jut, projection, prominence, protuberance, overhang, eminence, ledge, shelf, ridgesticking out, jutting, projection, projecting, obtrusion, obtruding, prominence, protuberanceView synonyms
- ‘With a typical hernia, there is a bulge resulting from the protrusion of an internal organ.’
- ‘Follow routes on protrusions and ridges, and always ski slow and conservative.’
- ‘They are coated with distinctive bumps and small protrusions against an overall veiled surface.’
- ‘Despite its age, the walls were already pitted and scorched, the ceiling covered with small bumps and protrusions.’
- ‘The concrete path is studded with local river rocks of varying sizes, from pointy pebbles to smooth skipping stones to softball-sized protrusions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.