One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something that protrudes; a protuberance.‘a protrusion of rock jutted from the mountainside’
bump, lump, knob, hump, jut, projection, prominence, protuberance, overhang, eminence, ledge, shelf, ridgesticking out, jutting, projection, projecting, obtrusion, obtruding, prominence, protuberanceView synonyms
- ‘Follow routes on protrusions and ridges, and always ski slow and conservative.’
- ‘With a typical hernia, there is a bulge resulting from the protrusion of an internal organ.’
- ‘The concrete path is studded with local river rocks of varying sizes, from pointy pebbles to smooth skipping stones to softball-sized protrusions.’
- ‘They are coated with distinctive bumps and small protrusions against an overall veiled surface.’
- ‘Despite its age, the walls were already pitted and scorched, the ceiling covered with small bumps and protrusions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.