One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for protrusible
- ‘In blennies the palatines are toothless, and the mouth not protractile.’
- ‘Wrasses characteristically have a protractile mouth, cycloid scales, and a single continuous dorsal fin lacking an obvious notch between the soft and spiny portions.’
- ‘Trap termites using their long protractile tongues, which are covered with a thick, sticky saliva.’
- ‘Ponyfish have a very protractile mouth, a phenomenon which can be demonstrated by squeezing the head, when the mouth will shoot forward.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.