One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To the various forms of mutation breeding, add in such techniques as protoplastic cell fusion, embryo rescue, meristem tip culture and other forms of tissue culture or somoclonal variation.’
- ‘He similarly subdues the frank eroticism of Stolberg's protoplastic copulation of Earth and Heaven.’
- ‘It has been well recognized that protoplastic sources centred upon mitochondrial, chloroplastic or peroxisomal generating systems exist, but have mainly been studied in relation to abiotic stresses.’
- ‘In principle, the cell-to-cell (‘protoplastic’) component would have to be split into a symplastic and a transcellular component.’
- ‘In addition, plant breeding has added techniques such as somaclonal variation, protoplastic cell fusion, embryo rescue, self-pollination and tissue culture to put crops in the field and food on our table.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.