One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Transfer a proton to (a molecule, group, or atom), so that a coordinate bond to the proton is formed.
- ‘We postulate that this pathway is blocked when both groups are protonated (state A) or deprotonated (state C).’
- ‘In the second basic photocycle step, the chromophore is protonated and structural changes take place in the protein.’
- ‘Ionizable groups were protonated to represent pH = 7.0.’
- ‘All aspartic acid and glutamic acid residues as well as C-terminal groups were deprotonated; arginine, lysine, and N-terminal groups were protonated.’
- ‘Once all contacts are established and the ligand is protonated, the interaction is quite strong and the dissociation reaction is much slower than with similar amidine compounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.