One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who publicly demonstrates strong objection to something; a demonstrator.‘the decision was hailed by protesters against the closure as a triumph’
objector, opposer, opponent, complainer, dissenter, dissident, rejectionist, nonconformistdemonstrator, protest marcher, human chainView synonyms
- ‘Youngsters in care made a direct plea to protesters opposing a new children's home.’
- ‘The country came to the brink of disaster before the protesters backed down.’
- ‘These have recently been installed and protesters claim they have been badly positioned.’
- ‘At one point a nearby neighbour harangued the protesters cursing at them and demanding they move.’
- ‘The protesters say the land has been a play area for generations of children and there is nowhere else for them to go.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.