One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound consisting of a protein bonded to glycosaminoglycan groups, present especially in connective tissue.
- ‘A progressive deposition of proteins, proteoglycans, and collagen fibers occurs in lung interstitium, and interstitial fibrosis occurs.’
- ‘Research into the mechanisms controlling the process has highlighted proteins and proteoglycans as possible control molecules.’
- ‘The pericellular coat of eukaryotic cells contains, besides hyaluronan, also other proteins, among them proteoglycans such as aggrecan and versican, which interact with hyaluronan.’
- ‘These are type IV collagen, heparan sulfate proteoglycans, entactin and laminin.’
- ‘When a wound occurs, a wide variety of structural and functional proteins such as proteoglycans, collagen and fibronectin are marshaled to the wound site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.