Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The presence of abnormal quantities of protein in the urine, which may indicate damage to the kidneys.
- ‘Diabetic patients with proteinuria or abnormal creatinine clearance have a greater risk of developing acute renal failure.’
- ‘In addition to proteinuria, markers of damage to the kidneys include abnormalities in the urinary sediment and abnormal findings on imaging studies.’
- ‘Chest radiography was normal and analysis of her urine showed no haematuria or proteinuria.’
- ‘The patient described in this case study presented with hematuria, proteinuria, and elevated blood pressure.’
- ‘Protein in the urine, proteinuria, is generally confirmed using a precipitation test.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.