Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The presence of abnormal quantities of protein in the urine, which may indicate damage to the kidneys.
- ‘Diabetic patients with proteinuria or abnormal creatinine clearance have a greater risk of developing acute renal failure.’
- ‘Protein in the urine, proteinuria, is generally confirmed using a precipitation test.’
- ‘Chest radiography was normal and analysis of her urine showed no haematuria or proteinuria.’
- ‘In addition to proteinuria, markers of damage to the kidneys include abnormalities in the urinary sediment and abnormal findings on imaging studies.’
- ‘The patient described in this case study presented with hematuria, proteinuria, and elevated blood pressure.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.