One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female protégé.
- ‘Lisa insinuates herself into Ruth's life by becoming her secretarial assistant, then disciple and protégée, and finally friendly rival, as she in turn publishes a volume of acclaimed short stories.’
- ‘Apparently the country music protégée had his ‘Vet tricked out.’
- ‘Next to the sell-out performances of the Kirov, Mr. Balanchine's protégée and her ensemble rated near capacity and a very warm, appreciative audience.’
- ‘As Lady Gee sets about sabotaging Haven's friendship with Bonnie, she deploys her own attractive protégée, Lynn, to sweeten Georgie.’
- ‘Kelly, who is Bryan's protégée, has this absolutely lovely knack for investing each element of a dish with its own striking acuity, yet the sum is not only harmonious but almost weightless.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.