One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Then she's held down protectively by her friend for the duration.’
- ‘It was a peaceful area, where the grass was soft and the trees surrounded them protectively.’
- ‘His arm slid protectively around my back, and pulled me tighter in his embrace.’
- ‘Her thin arms are crossed protectively across her flat chest, and there's a small scar beneath her mouth.’
- ‘Then she drew the curtains and arranged the sectional sofa protectively around us like stagecoaches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.