One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance that breaks down protease, thereby inhibiting the replication of certain cells and viruses, including HIV.
- ‘The low dose ritonavir thus enhances the blood concentration of the second protease inhibitor and thereby decreases the patient's likelihood of developing viral resistance to the second drug.’
- ‘It is a protease inhibitor used to fight the HIV virus that causes AIDS.’
- ‘Among other substances, the cocktail combines zidovudine, didanosine, and a protease inhibitor.’
- ‘Serum samples for protease inhibitor and transferrin analysis were used directly without additional preparation.’
- ‘Antithrombin is an important regulator of the coagulation cascade in its function as a serine protease inhibitor, due to inhibition of thrombin and multiple other coagulation proteases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.