One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the prostate gland.
- ‘However, a high PSA score does not always indicate cancer and can be caused by other prostate diseases such as benign prostatic hypertrophy or prostatitis (inflamed prostate).’
- ‘Bacterial prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland.’
- ‘Infection is the most common cause of dysuria and presents as cystitis, prostatitis, pyelonephritis, or urethritis, depending on the area of the urogenital tract that is most affected.’
- ‘There is no evidence that prostatitis or BPH cause cancer, but it is possible for a man to have one or both of these conditions and to develop prostate cancer as well.’
- ‘Two kinds of prostatitis, acute prostatitis and chronic bacterial prostatitis, are caused by infection of the prostate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.