Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An alkaline fluid secreted by the prostate gland during ejaculation that forms part of the semen.
- ‘He must wash the entire penis of prostatic fluid, but not the testicles.’
- ‘Males are asymptomatic carriers and the organisms may be found in prostatic fluid.’
- ‘During ejaculation, the prostate uses rhythmic contractual movements to secrete prostatic fluid into the urethra.’
- ‘What is known is that it secretes prostatic fluid, one of the five main fluids that make up semen.’
- ‘Yes, it is, and female ejaculation is, in essence, the ejaculation of female prostatic fluid.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.