One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An antigenic enzyme released by the prostate and found in abnormally high concentrations in the blood of men with prostate cancer.
- ‘The treatment also increases blood concentrations of prostate-specific antigen, or PSA, a marker associated with prostate cancer and prostate enlargement.’
- ‘Assays are now available that can measure very low concentrations of prostate-specific antigen, but their analytic performance and clinical utility are not well defined.’
- ‘The American Urological Association has released a policy report on the use of prostate-specific antigen in screening for and monitoring of prostate cancer.’
- ‘In light of the urinary symptoms, he then had his blood tested for prostate-specific antigen, a protein elevated in prostate cancer.’
- ‘Men middle-aged and older routinely get blood tests for prostate-specific antigen, or PSA, to screen for prostate cancer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.