Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An antigenic enzyme released by the prostate and found in abnormally high concentrations in the blood of men with prostate cancer.
- ‘Assays are now available that can measure very low concentrations of prostate-specific antigen, but their analytic performance and clinical utility are not well defined.’
- ‘Men middle-aged and older routinely get blood tests for prostate-specific antigen, or PSA, to screen for prostate cancer.’
- ‘In light of the urinary symptoms, he then had his blood tested for prostate-specific antigen, a protein elevated in prostate cancer.’
- ‘The treatment also increases blood concentrations of prostate-specific antigen, or PSA, a marker associated with prostate cancer and prostate enlargement.’
- ‘The American Urological Association has released a policy report on the use of prostate-specific antigen in screening for and monitoring of prostate cancer.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.