One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting behavior which is positive, helpful, and intended to promote social acceptance and friendship.
- ‘They rely on social interactions to promote prosocial attitudes and values in their clients.’
- ‘The study also shows that environmental factors such as warm and supportive parenting may play a role in promoting children's prosocial development.’
- ‘Effective group learning, however, promotes prosocial behavior and positive group functioning.’
- ‘In addition, the physical setting can promote social interaction and prosocial behavior.’
- ‘Primary prevention of bullying involves elimination of risk factors and teaching children skills in order to promote more prosocial, interpersonal interactions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.