One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Respect or credit due to a person.‘Erika gets props for the great work she did on the music’
- ‘One of the greatest outlaws of them all is given props on the Waylon Jennings Tribute.’
- ‘She had done most of the kitchen organising and she deserves tidiness props too!’
- ‘My fiancé alerted me to you giving me props on your journal, and it's Christmas right here in Singapore.’
- ‘He was perfectly nice to her nonetheless, so he got a few extra props from moi.’
- ‘Wish I could take credit for this but big props to the M-Dogg for finding it.’
1990s: from proper respect.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.