One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Confirmation in the form of a receipt or other document that one has paid for a particular item.‘we had to have proof of purchase in order to qualify for service under the warranty’‘you need a proof of purchase otherwise the retailer cannot verify that you purchased the product from their store’
- ‘"No one is moving until they can show us a proof of purchase for that land."’
- ‘Remember to keep your proof of purchase - you will need it.’
- ‘Creed returned briefly from Australia bringing the original 1840 deed as so-called proof of purchase.’
- ‘When it was announced that the concert had been cancelled, she sent the tickets back as instructed, and kept the stubs as proof of purchase.’
- ‘Keep receipts, cheque stubs, credit card statements or similar proof of purchase.’
- ‘Shops are generally unaccommodating and some fast food chains demand proof of purchase and even a small donation in order to use their toilets.’
- ‘A paper ticket provides solid proof of purchase and could help you get on another airline more easily.’
- ‘They will accept returns, often without a receipt or other proof of purchase.’
- ‘To claim the rebate, you'll need a receipt as proof of purchase.’
- ‘Terms and conditions: it is possible to see the two shows on two different nights simply by showing the proof of purchase at the main door.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.