One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
speed, swiftness, speediness, rapidity, promptitude, alacrity, dispatch, quickness, expeditiousness, expedition, immediacy, instantaneousness, readiness, willingness, eagernessView synonyms
- ‘The promptness of the administration when it comes to demolishing our houses and arresting us is admirable.’
- ‘While this site says little about the claimed nutritional benefits of wheatgrass and offers only a few recipes, the service is efficient and e-mail queries were answered with friendly promptness.’
- ‘My self-righteousness faded immediately, for the principal replied with astonishing promptness and courtesy.’
- ‘As part of this contract, orders for NHS medicines are dispensed for patients on demand with reasonable promptness.’
- ‘Because of the large and unrestricted increase in the volume of patients and the resultant budgetary constraints, the quality of care and the promptness of care can surely be affected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.