One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An elaborately staged request to be someone's date to a prom.‘Lindsay engineered her promposal with a poem, a special T-shirt, and poster’
- ‘After attracting a crowd in the school hall, the promposal was revealed to a blindfolded and stunned Tina.’
- ‘We were left wincing by much of his promposal to the daughter of the head coach.’
- ‘Getting a famous athlete to assist in a promposal is quickly becoming the only way to ask out a date.’
- ‘Some may criticize the promposal as yet another narcissistic display by a generation that constantly needs to be reassured how special they are.’
- ‘He became a YouTube star with his initial promposal but has gone silent about his new date.’
Early 21st century: blend of prom and proposal.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.