Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the publicizing of a product, organization, or venture so as to increase sales or public awareness.‘she was on a promotional tour for her books’
- ‘To entice foreign visitors, four London buses made a promotional tour of the Continent.’
- ‘He's so appalled by the remake that he wants his name removed from all the promotional material.’
- ‘In addition, customer response to promotional material also needs to be measured.’
- ‘Sheesh, the lengths people will go to in order to avoid having to do a promotional tour with their daughter.’
- ‘The station is already on air running promotional material and will launch in November.’
- ‘It also said it would accept Apple's need to use already produced promotional materials.’
- ‘I live in York, and he came here as part of the promotional tour for the book.’
- ‘I sat down next to the window and a shelf with heaps of promotional material on tourism in Hungary.’
- ‘We just get very little in promotional materials so it's hard to actually make some money off of it.’
- ‘They are planning to use the money to invest in promotional material to advertise the company.’
- ‘It also brought him to Christchurch for the first time last week, on a promotional tour.’
- ‘Has there been any kind of promotion or promotional material which embarrasses you?’
- ‘Here's where we publish promotional material that probably won't be grabbing any front pages.’
- ‘I like this film so much that I went on a very different promotional tour for it.’
- ‘It noted there was only limited promotional material in Urdu or any other Asian language.’
- ‘They have also been approached by neighbouring primary schools to make promotional videos or DVDs.’
- ‘The Wallace Group carried on business here and abroad in the design and sale of promotional games.’
- ‘It will then be used as a promotional video to give to parents who are thinking of sending their children to the school.’
- ‘This film no longer exists, except for a few stills taken from promotional material.’
- ‘The photographs from the day will be used in publications put out by the society and in other promotional material.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.