One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact or state of being promiscuous.‘some fear this will lead to greater sexual promiscuity among teens’
licentiousness, lack of sexual discrimination, promiscuousness, immorality, wantonness, debauchery, dissoluteness, dissipation, libertinism, profligacy, incontinenceView synonyms
- ‘He's just starting his adulthood in a culture predominated by permissiveness and promiscuity.’
- ‘They should be concerned that the tapestry of family life here is unraveling whilst promiscuity has become an accepted practice.’
- ‘They don't even complain about the lewdness and promiscuity being displayed on the so-called soap operas.’
- ‘The red flags that experts say people should watch for manifest themselves in ways other than sexual promiscuity.’
- ‘On the surface, it is a celebration of promiscuity and debauchery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.