One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Support for or advocacy of social reform.‘the country is seen as a bastion of social progressivism’
- ‘Progressivism became more important as a political movement than socialism ever did.’
- ‘Student councils and other forms of student government became widespread because of the influence of American progressivism.’
- ‘He presents progressivism as the dominant paradigm at the beginning of the twentieth century.’
- ‘She has criticised educational progressivism and defended the monarchy.’
- ‘As a result of this diversity, this society has displayed a unique blend of traditionalism and progressivism.’
- ‘Their progressivism lay in their support for prohibition.’
- ‘Progressivism could not have made the strides it did, had it not been for the advent of what we would call modern journalism.’
- ‘Progressivism in education is not highly developed.’
- ‘Progressivism demands a government of this kind that solves and eliminates all problems.’
- ‘He shifted increasingly toward progressivism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.