One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of rock music popular especially in the 1970s and characterized by classical influences, the use of keyboard instruments, and lengthy compositions.‘the song lasts nearly fourteen minutes and is a classic example of all that's good in progressive rock’as modifier ‘he was lead vocalist for the progressive rock band Genesis’
- ‘As I see it, Genesis was a progressive rock band only from 1970-1977.’
- ‘Rundgren, a 1970s progressive rock musician with a loyal fan base, has become one of the first musicians to master the Internet as a means of fostering sales.’
- ‘Yes, a band that all but defined progressive rock during the '70s, is definitely a band of Pyramid stage quality.’
- ‘The finished album has proven to have strong appeal to many critics, even those who might not normally listen to progressive rock.’
- ‘So talented that the bizarre mixture of punk-electronica, alternative jazz and progressive rock will make your head buzz.’
- ‘In the mid 1970s, when the progressive rock movement had taken rock to new heights of complexity and artifice, punk's denial of virtuosity was a radical statement.’
- ‘The band are fuelled by heartbreak and hangovers with influences ranging from pop and progressive rock to jazz.’
- ‘On the surface, they seem like one of those typical, progressive rock supergroup offshoots where each band member gets to show off their instrumental prowess.’
- ‘They play something of a fusion of punk and progressive rock, with an emphasis on everything at once.’
- ‘Still, his stuff towers over most modern progressive rock because of an attention to detail and almost overwhelming force of conviction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.