One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of rock music popular especially in the 1970s and characterized by classical influences, the use of keyboard instruments, and lengthy compositions.‘the song lasts nearly fourteen minutes and is a classic example of all that's good in progressive rock’as modifier ‘he was lead vocalist for the progressive rock band Genesis’
- ‘Still, his stuff towers over most modern progressive rock because of an attention to detail and almost overwhelming force of conviction.’
- ‘Yes, a band that all but defined progressive rock during the '70s, is definitely a band of Pyramid stage quality.’
- ‘The finished album has proven to have strong appeal to many critics, even those who might not normally listen to progressive rock.’
- ‘They play something of a fusion of punk and progressive rock, with an emphasis on everything at once.’
- ‘On the surface, they seem like one of those typical, progressive rock supergroup offshoots where each band member gets to show off their instrumental prowess.’
- ‘As I see it, Genesis was a progressive rock band only from 1970-1977.’
- ‘So talented that the bizarre mixture of punk-electronica, alternative jazz and progressive rock will make your head buzz.’
- ‘The band are fuelled by heartbreak and hangovers with influences ranging from pop and progressive rock to jazz.’
- ‘In the mid 1970s, when the progressive rock movement had taken rock to new heights of complexity and artifice, punk's denial of virtuosity was a radical statement.’
- ‘Rundgren, a 1970s progressive rock musician with a loyal fan base, has become one of the first musicians to master the Internet as a means of fostering sales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.