One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The position in the United Kingdom is uncertain, but a recent study identified that 6% of patients who were discharged from an emergency department had prognostically significant myocardial damage.’
- ‘While there are many articles suggesting that individual biological or genetic markers are prognostically significant, no large series with multivariate analysis proves such markers have independent prognostic relevance.’
- ‘However, until some of the concerns regarding bias and small sample sizes are addressed, the ability to use these scales prognostically in individual patients should be avoided.’
- ‘Methods for large-scale molecular profiling of diseased tissues are well established with proven efficacy both diagnostically and prognostically.’
- ‘They used a previously validated risk score for heart failure (which also works well prognostically in their patients) and showed that transplantation improved survival only in the patients at highest risk of death from heart failure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.