Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for progestin
- ‘Unlike natural progesterone, synthetic progestogens are not metabolized into GABA-ergic neuroactive steroids.’
- ‘It contains a slow-release store of a synthetic progestogen hormone and is repeated every 12 weeks for as long as needed.’
- ‘There are so many potential benefits of oestrogens and progestogens after menopause that therapy with these hormones should not be disregarded based on a single study.’
- ‘The combined oral contraceptive pill (which combines oestrogen with a progestogen - a synthetic form of progesterone) is effective at reducing bleeding and making bleeding more regular.’
- ‘Other hormones used include progestogens alone, oral contraceptives, androgen-estrogen, and custom hormonal preparations.’
1940s: from progestin + -gen.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.