One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of a professor.‘a professorial appointment at the University of Sydney’‘a Harvard law graduate with a professorial manner’
- ‘Michael is a professorial fellow in linguistics.’
- ‘He will hold a new endowed professorial chair in cancer and stem cell biology.’
- ‘At the age of 55, he briefly returned to professorial life.’
- ‘A professorial older gentlemen gets out of his car.’
- ‘I was one of the first two professorial appointments to be made from outside the institution.’
- ‘He took up an academic position at the university, where he attained professorial standing.’
- ‘There was too much reliance on professorial authority and ideas learnt many years before.’
- ‘His professorial authority is widely respected.’
- ‘When she puts on her black-rimmed reading glasses to study the handouts, she suddenly looks professorial.’
- ‘In 1967, he took his first professorial position.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.