One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Business costs involved in the production of goods.‘prices will increase to reflect the increased production costs’‘new technologies may drive production costs down’
- ‘If all the studios were to take the brave decision to cut inflated star salaries they could potentially shave off tens of millions of dollars off production costs.’
- ‘The expense involved would surely have been minimal, compared to the book's overall production costs.’
- ‘It grossed only $9 million, compared to production costs of $18 million.’
- ‘Production costs will need to fall to one-tenth of today's average.’
- ‘The onus would be on firms, workers, and trade unions to reduce production costs.’
- ‘Next year's production costs are expected to be even lower than last year's.’
- ‘The proceeds from the sales are mainly for the recovery of the production costs.’
- ‘By cutting development and production costs, Ford had increased the likelihood of the car's profitability.’
- ‘Few publications attract enough advertising to cover their production costs.’
- ‘On the Waterfront opened to excellent critical reviews and positive public reaction, and went on to gross ten times its production costs in its initial release.’
- ‘The reason why the programme came to an end was that we could not afford the high production costs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.