One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A practice in which manufacturers of goods or providers of a service gain exposure for their products by paying for them to be featured in movies and television programs.
- ‘The important thing was that neither Motorola nor Ericsson were doing any product placement at the time.’
- ‘Still, others in the ad industry balk at the retro idea of sponsorship and product placement.’
- ‘One thing notable about Beautiful is its extreme use of product placement.’
- ‘As a result, the cigarette companies adopted a voluntary code that purportedly ended product placement in films.’
- ‘We are beginning to test the waters to determine the best way to integrate this product placement and sponsorship.’
- ‘Nearly every shot - every shot, and this is no exaggeration - features some sort of product placement.’
- ‘If one buys into that theory, even product placement as simple as a brand mention becomes attractive.’
- ‘The sharks look more like killer whales and there is a ridiculous amount of product placement for a film ostensibly marketed towards children.’
- ‘The agency will also have a designated division for branded content, sponsorship and product placement in film and television.’
- ‘Shen recently wrote an article about the rise of product placement and embedded marketing in Chinese films.’
- ‘Louise Fletcher carries The Good Book around so much that it comes close to being product placement.’
- ‘The film is so full of product placement, you know there is no shame in Hollywood.’
- ‘The film is one enormous set, with product placement everywhere and the camera crew ever keen to test crane shots.’
- ‘To prevent surreptitious advertising, consumers will be informed at the start of a programme that product placement is in use.’
- ‘Is the movie Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle good product placement or a 90-minute ad?’
- ‘We don't really do traditional advertising, and we don't have to pay for product placement.’
- ‘The basic rule, according to its guidelines, is that ‘there must be no product placement in programmes’.’
- ‘The film represents a high water mark in the art of product placement, where companies persuade studios to feature their wares on screen.’
- ‘Clairol, Clinique and OPI nail polish all have product placement as well.’
- ‘Prior GM promotions have covered vehicle product placement in the Lethal Weapon movie franchise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.