Relating to or denoting the period between the appearance of initial symptoms and the full development of a rash or fever.
preparatory, introductory, initial, opening, prefatory, prior, preceding, lead-in, initiatory, precursoryView synonyms
- ‘Some patients may have prodromal symptoms without developing the characteristic rash.’
- ‘Recently, there have been confirmed cases of SNV infection in which patients had typical prodromal symptoms but never developed cardiopulmonary involvement.’
- ‘After the chain of infection is complete, there is an incubation, prodromal, and illness period, followed by convalescence.’
- ‘Patients may have a fever in the prodromal period, with or without headache.’
- ‘Cesarean delivery should be performed on women with recurrent HSV infection who have active genital lesions or prodromal symptoms at delivery.’