One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consistent with or tending to magnify the fluctuations in an economic cycle.‘countries that were able to adopt less procyclical macroeconomic policies were less affected by the recent crisis’
- ‘They use deceptively intuitive procyclical arguments to line their own pockets.’
- ‘I would argue that the policies that were most procyclical in recent years were housing finance policies.’
- ‘The negative relationship in the models they review arises from procyclical movements in real interest rates and in inflation.’
- ‘The wages of job stayers, and even of those who remain in the same job with the same employer, are still mildly procyclical.’
- ‘It failed to prevent or deal with financial crises in emerging markets because of its aggressively procyclical conditionalities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.