One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There are no specific clinical signs on general examination, but inflammation of the rectal mucosa can readily be seen at proctoscopy.’
- ‘The other is a remote sensing system for conducting minimally-invasive endoscopy, colonoscopy, and proctoscopy examinations.’
- ‘As children are more likely to have more extensive disease they will need further investigation involving full colonoscopy anyway, regardless of findings on proctoscopy.’
- ‘Before scrubbing, gowning, and gloving, the surgeon usually performs a rectal examination and proctoscopy to suction out any remaining stool in the distal rectum.’
- ‘Discharges require investigation by proctoscopy, during which samples can be taken from the rectum to test for gonorrhoea and chlamydia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.