One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A slow-acting antibiotic made from a salt of procaine and a form of penicillin.
- ‘After the diagnostic thoracentesis, rabbits received procaine penicillin G, 200,000 U intramuscularly daily to prevent early death of the rabbits from overwhelming sepsis.’
- ‘The alternative regimen is procaine penicillin G (Bicillin C-R), 50,000 units per kg intramuscularly every day for 10 days.’
- ‘Note that procaine penicillin is no longer available’
- ‘The correct trade name for procaine penicillin G is Wycillen; the correct trade name for aqueous crystalline penicillin G is Pfizerpen.’
- ‘Murimari carried him to the village Aid Post where Yambanggay received two injections: quinine and procaine penicillin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.