One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Involving or constituting a problem.‘the weighting of votes was particularly problematical’‘a highly problematical relationship’
- ‘The results are likely to prove problematical.’
- ‘He was clearly a problematical character.’
- ‘The wide political diversity in the resistance proved extremely problematical.’
- ‘Basements can be problematical, due to lack of light and circulation of air.’
- ‘Since his descendants were in hiding, tracing a line of authority became problematical.’
- ‘I feel that it remains problematical to try to determine the politics of a source by looking at who cites it.’
- ‘On a large scale, distillation is problematical and expensive.’
- ‘Establishing the date at which jade objects were carved has so far proved problematical.’
- ‘Other parts of the essay were more problematical.’
- ‘It is unquestionably problematical to make a distinction between thought and feeling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.