One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit of probability based on deviation from the mean of a standard distribution.
- ‘This distribution forms the base for the probit model, which is the model is used here.’
- ‘For example, cumulative per cent germination is probit transformed and then paired with the temperature-time at which the probit was observed.’
- ‘Thus, a multivariate probit analysis is utilized to examine the adoption of the four breeding technologies.’
- ‘They estimated the parameters of the model using a generalized linear model with a binomial error distribution and a probit link function.’
- ‘The bivariate probit model captures the unobserved correlation between a mother's decision to use kin-provided child care and her decision to have geographic closeness to her aging parents.’
1930s: from prob(ability un)it.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.