A function of a discrete variable whose integral over any interval is the probability that the random variable specified by it will lie within that interval.
- ‘The error terms from the regression equations are modeled as random variables with a probability distribution.’
- ‘The purpose of such a simulation scheme is the calculation of an approximate probability distribution over the realizations of the genealogy.’
- ‘If the probability distribution is uniform, you would expect each of the 10 digits from 0 to 9 to occur about one-tenth of the time.’
- ‘Instead we employ modeling to understand the statistical probability distribution of angles at rupture and its impact on the measured length and force distributions.’
- ‘In addition, we suggest that different probability distributions be tested, because the underlying probability distribution of most vital rates is unknown.’