Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A function of a continuous random variable, whose integral across an interval gives the probability that the value of the variable lies within the same interval.
- ‘This terminate growth pattern can be described by the beta distribution function, the probability density function that gives a family of flexible asymmetrical unimodal curves with two fixed end points.’
- ‘In the next section we describe a mathematical technique to represent a 3D volume using a reduced set of points such that their overall probability density function approximates the density profile of the original volume.’
- ‘This will, of course, result in a broad probability density function because of the variables that are present at the next level of decomposition.’
- ‘We make use of a new vector quantization algorithm to select the points within the macromolecule that best approximate the probability density function of the original volume data.’
- ‘Given these considerations, it is proposed that the end product of the process modeling should be an estimate of the probability density function for percent mine burial.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.