One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
By taking action to control a situation rather than just responding to it after it has happened.‘the police will be working proactively to help reduce the problem’‘astute firms don't just listen, but proactively engage customers too’
- ‘They should act proactively to adapt to new situations.’
- ‘We will be proactively seeking professional organisations.’
- ‘Customer service is about proactively calling people.’
- ‘The human resource systems should work proactively to eliminate barriers and increase opportunity.’
- ‘What facilities are currently provided to proactively minimize the failure of software systems and to manage them when they do fail?’
- ‘The business will be able to proactively respond to customers' interests and desires.’
- ‘Proactively interact with the student body to better target services where they are needed.’
- ‘We are aware of the potential issue identified and are working proactively to investigate it.’
- ‘The threat to the storage system must also be blocked proactively in order to limit its impact on the storage device.’
- ‘We want our industry to work proactively with other interest groups and government.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.