One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Promoting family life and traditional moral values.
- ‘Prism, the monthly published by Evangelicals for Social Action, has called the series ‘the most pro-family, God-preoccupied, home-based program on television.’’
- ‘But the truth is that they're not pro-family, their only pro-families that look like theirs.’
- ‘An understanding of the structural roots of family and gender shifts is essential if we are to reclaim ‘family values’ and develop a pragmatic, progressive, pro-family agenda.’
- ‘It's a pro-family position, and economics and standard of living really does not enter into it.’
- ‘Equal Rights Washington, a group advocating equal treatment for gays, said marriage is ‘a pro-family ideal ‘that should be available to all.’’
- ‘It is the most pro-family measure imaginable - keeping families together, building new ones, strengthening the ties between generations.’
- ‘Notice here how being pro-family and being gay-friendly are not exclusive categories.’
- ‘Socially progressive, pro-business but anti-corporate, pro-family but anti ‘conservative family values’, we are a diverse and dynamic group of people who deserve to be heard.’
- ‘For many pro-family voters, protecting traditional marriage ranks ahead of the economy and job creation.’
- ‘A pro-family government wouldn't use family payments to penalise women who want to work and contribute a few dollars a week to the family income.’
- ‘These believers express a desire for political authority, but only of the type supportive of pro-family social nucleus and traditionally-bound, regulated liberties.’
- ‘A Virginia pro-family advocate says the people who helped re-elect President Bush don't support homosexual relationships - the administration apparently does.’
- ‘Other voices are then heard: feminists, family therapists, Christian pro-family movements, economists, and the civil society.’
- ‘Please ask all faithful Catholics you know to arrange to have Masses said for pro-life and pro-family victories at the polls this Nov. 2004.’
- ‘It is pro-family, uniting those gay family members with their siblings and parents in the unifying ritual of civil marriage.’
- ‘As a pro-family and pro-life leader, Gary is held to a higher standard.’
- ‘The Democrats aren't perceived as the pro-family party.’
- ‘The tax cut increases the child tax credit from $500 to $1,000 over several years-a good pro-family initiative.’
- ‘And in a matter of time, there will be 100 million active evangelical voters who will, every year, every election year, decide the pro-life, pro-family candidate's elected.’
- ‘The new favored term is ‘the pro-family movement,’ but that's so overtly propagandistic - secularists are anti-family?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.