Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Advocating legalized abortion.‘a pro-choice demonstration’Compare with pro-life
- ‘Clinton said he was pro-choice while restricting abortion rights.’
- ‘The pro-choice movement puts the freedom to choose as their top priority.’
- ‘He endorses a hard line on abortion in the platform, but he welcomes pro-choice people in the party.’
- ‘I am pro-choice on the abortion for some very simple reasons.’
- ‘I don't have to approve of every single abortion to remain determinedly pro-choice.’
- ‘He is nominally in support of affirmative action programmes for minorities in America and pro-choice in the abortion debate.’
- ‘Lazio, for example, is generally thought to be pro-choice, even though he has voted against late-term abortions.’
- ‘While Rudy Giuliani is the most popular figure, the former New York mayor is pro-gay rights and pro-choice on abortion.’
- ‘It has become something of a given, not least among many who are pro-choice, that later abortions are mostly the result of a lack of access to early abortion.’
- ‘She was planning to discuss health care, not her pro-choice stance on abortion, aides said.’
- ‘The latest trial has sparked a renewed drive by pro-choice activists for abortion law reform.’
- ‘The issue of the day was abortion, and me being fairly pro-choice, I decided to go for the difficult option, and argue against.’
- ‘Currently, a number of court and legal proceedings have further eroded the pro-choice movement.’
- ‘Both sides of the abortion issue are really pro-choice, the dispute is over when the choice has been made.’
- ‘Plenty of people who are personally opposed to abortion are still pro-choice.’
- ‘The most powerful statement on abortion in recent times comes from a pro-choice British film-maker.’
- ‘Supporters of access to abortion describe themselves as pro-choice; opponents as pro-life.’
- ‘Unless you have a pro-choice doctor with hospital privileges willing to perform an abortion, you will have to travel.’
- ‘Politicians who say they are pro-choice on abortion should argue that abortion is a fact of life, and for the reform of abortion law.’
- ‘Firstly, I feel that I am pro-choice in that I believe women have the right to choose whether they want to have kids or not.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.